Re: Sane API problem: multiple sane_init calls

From: mh (moloch@nikocity.de)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 01:00:12 PDT

    Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > last time I replied, I didn't realize, that you are using
    > version 0.27 of the Plustek backend. This is an
    > rather old version. The current version is 0.35.
    > You can get this from
    > http://home.t-online.de/home/g-jaeger/plustek.html
    >
    > Maybe this helps.
    > I'm not sure if you got my last mail, so I'd like to ask you again
    > if you'd like to make some tests on the prerelease of the
    > upcomming version 0.36. It currently has been tested on an
    > Primax 4800 Direct which should be the same as the OP 600
    > and has been reported to work. But I'd like to have somebody
    > with a 'real' Plustek device to test.
    >
    > Gerhard
     Hi Gerhard,
    I don't know whether you got *my* mail (I replied to your first mail in
    private, because you told me it's probably a backend problem and I didn't want
    to bother the list).
    Anyway:
    I tested several versions of the plustek backend, including version 0.35.
    The only version which leads to useable results is version 0.27.
    AFAIR V0.35 worked for grayscale images, in colormode however the scans were
    red with many stripes. (If it might help I'll send you one of these scans).
    Of course I'm willing to test the upcomming version. Just let me know where I
    can get it, or mail it to me (I can't find it on your homepage).
    bb
    Michael