Re: Adding interface column to website and .desc?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 06:35:09 PDT

    [I can't reply directly to the orginal mail because I got unsubscribed from
    sane-devel somehow]

    Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
    > I think there should be a limited list of "official" interface strings
    > to avoid inconsistencies like Scsi, SCSI and Parport, Parallell, EPP,
    > etc? Capital SCSI and USB and Parport (type) sounds like a good
    > choice to me.

    Ok, I will add this to "template.desc.". So there is:
    SCSI
    USB
    Parport (EPP)
    Parport (SPP)
    Parport (ECP) [and combinations of these]

    > BTW: What would we write for SCSI over proprietary parport card?

    I would just call it "Proprietary". The maintainers may add some more
    information in "comment" if this is necessary to distinguish scanners.

    I will try to add :interface entries for all backends that don't seem to
    have an active maintainer:

    abaton, agfa, apple, dc210, dmc, ricoh, s9036, snapscan, tamarack

    If there is somebody who maintains these backends (or wants to do this) he
    should add a * to his name in the AUTHORS file in CVS.

    I think coolscan is maintained by Andreas Rick now, could you (Andreas) add
    your address etc. to AUTHORS?

    Bye,
      Henning