Re: Towards release 1.0.3?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 12:36:50 PDT

    [replying to myself]

    > Speaking about the v4l: After make distclean; ./configure ; make
    > I get:
    >
    > [...]
    > making all in backend
    > make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/sane/backend'
    > make[1]: *** No rule to make target libsane-@V4L@.la', needed by all'. Stop.
    > make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/src/sane/backend'
    > make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

    This seems to be because configure.in is updated but configure isn't
    regenerated.

    When I try to use v4l it bails out with:
    xsane: error in loading shared libraries
    /usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-v4l.so.1: undefined symbol: sanei_constrain_value

    Probably because of this line in backend/Makefile.in

    libsane-v4l2.la: ../sanei/sanei_constrain_value.lo

    The "2" is wrong here, isn't it?

    It doesn't work for me after that (random images) but this may be my fault.

    Bye,
      Henning