Re: Towards release 1.0.3?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henningmg@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 11:43:23 PDT

    On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 11:42:25AM +0800, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
    > The quickcam is a parport camera.

    Ok, I fixed that, It will be in CVS with my next changes.

    > It should be using the sanei_pio
    > API, but it is a long time since anyone worked on it. It should
    > probably be removed - users are probably better off using the
    > video4linux backend instead.

    Speaking about the v4l: After make distclean; ./configure ; make
    I get:

    [...]
    making all in backend
    make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/sane/backend'
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target libsane-@V4L@.la', needed by all'. Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/src/sane/backend'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

    The .desc should be updated also: version number without brackets,
    :devicetype is specified twice (same in v4l2.desc), has :interface
    any meaning for APISs? I don't think so, so just omit it?

    Could you add a link in the README (if there is no man page, using the web
    page?)

    > > Shall I change the .desc files for the backends not included in the
    > > distrubution also?
    >
    > Try sending a patch to the maintainers first.

    Ok, I asked the maintainers now, same for the missing man pages.

    Ciao,
      Henning