Re: invalid argument?

From: Daniel James (daniel@mondodesigno.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 04:26:43 PDT

    I tried scanimage -d /dev/scanner and got a similar response:

    scanimage: open of device /dev/scanner failed: Invalid argument

    The logfile looks more interesting - 'access to resource has been
    denied'. It's attached.

    Daniel

    > Typing "scanimage" whithout any option means "scanimage -d
    > fisrt_available_device' . Then, if , for example, pnm backend is enabled in
    > dll.conf, scanimage try to start reading from pnm's "source selection" option
    > filename which defaults to /tmp/input.ppm. So, if you haven't such a file....
    >
    > --
    > Christophe

    [sanei_init_debug]: Setting debug level of epson to 128.
    [epson] sane_init: sane 1.0.2
    [epson] sane_init, ># here are examples for how to configure the EPSON backend<
    [epson] sane_init, >#scsi EPSON<
    [epson] sane_init, ># option color_correction 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9<
    [epson] sane_init, >#<
    [epson] sane_init, >#pio 0x278<
    [epson] sane_init, >#pio 0x378<
    [epson] sane_init, >#pio 0x3BC<
    [epson] sane_init, >scsi EPSON<
    [epson] sane_init, >scsi EPSON<
    [epson] sane_init, >/dev/scanner<
    [epson] sane_init, >/dev/scanner<
    [epson] SANE Epson Backend v0.1.27 - 2000-05-21
    [epson] attach(/dev/scanner)
    [epson] attach: opening /dev/scanner
    [epson] attach: open failed: Access to resource has been denied
    [epson] sane_init, ># usb /dev/usbscanner<
    [epson] sane_get_devices()
    scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument