Re: USB ?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 11:35:55 PDT

    On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 01:10:39PM +0100, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
    [about adding an interface section to sane-backends.html]
    > Take a look at www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html for a
    > comprehensive list. There is now a link from the SANE web pages
    > to this again, but it is not in an obvious place. The obvious
    > place being the suppported scanners page.

    The reason for this place was that sane-backends.html is autogenarated by
    tools/sane-desc.el. I have included support for additional links and a new
    column "Interface" now. Please check the new sane-desc.el as I don't know
    anything about Lisp and just used copy-and-paste.

    Place the new optional keyword ":interface" somewhere after the ":model" and
    add the interface type:

    :model "ScanMagic 9636S Plus"
    :interface "SCSI"

    :interface may be used with any string. "SCSI", "USB", "Parallel" (or
    EPP/SPP/ECP?) and "Proprietary" come to mind.

    I have placed the changed sane-mustek.el at

    http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/download/sane-desc.el

    and an example of sane-backends.html at

    http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/download/sane-backends.html

    mustek and mustea4s2 have the interface entries added in this example.

    Comments?

    Bye,
      Henning