Mustek 1200SP and AVA-1505/1515

From: Kurt Savegnago (ksaves2@theramp.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 08:58:02 PDT

    Hello,

       I bought a Mustek scanner from compgeeks.com for $67.00 and have been
    able
    to get it to work with the cheap DTC card that came with it in
    Winblows. I know about the inability of this card to work with sane
    before I bought the scanner by reading the mustek document. To that end
    I looked at the scsi compatibility and purchased a scsi card Adaptec
    AVA-1515.

       I have Slack and am using kernel 2.2.16. I only have the scanner
    connected
    to the card and nothing else. The card has a bunch of jumpers on it and
    I have it set up for IRQ9, DC00, bios disabled, disconnect and parity
    disabled.
    Winblows will recognize the card but the Winblows software won't load as
    it says that ASPI2DOS.sys is missing. The Winblows side I don't care
    about.
    When I compiled the kernel with 152X support the card is not recognized
    on
    boot up. As I mentioned I only have the scanner connected to it and I
    forgot to mention that I left the terminator resistors on the
    controller.

       I am hoping beyond all hope that maybe someone out there has a
    similar
    setup and can point my nose in the right direction. When I fired up the
    scanner under WinBlows I was somewhat struck as to the quality of the
    scan. It took a little longer than an H-P 6300 but for $67.00 it is a
    hell of
    alot cheaper.

      I wonder if I bought the wrong scsi card?

                                                    Best regards,
                                                    Kurt Savegnago
                                                    ksaves2@theramp.net