Re: Problems with sane-scsi

From: Ben Speirs (igiveup@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 00:21:58 PDT

    Benjamin Hell wrote:

    > Thanks for the patch, appears as if it works now,
    > at least I can use the scanner and get some pictures!

    Wow, what a coincidence. What are the chances of searching the mail
    archives and finding another guy, named Ben, on the other side of the
    planet, with the same problem, at nearly the same time?? ... and
    getting an answer to go with it??

    I can feel the cosmos working in mysterious ways.

    Big thanks for the patch Abel!!

    For the record:
      FreeBSD 4.X-Stable
      sane-1.0.2 << with Abel's two patch files >>
      Canon FB1200S flatbed scanner
      xsane-0.56
      gimp-1.1.17 (I know, I need to upgrade)

      the results: it works!
            http://toxic.magnesium.net/~bspeirs/ww.html

      I have only done a couple scans so far but it is looking good. No
    problems with the Canon backend yet. I also had the Sharp backend bomb
    in the build process. Ignored it.

    --
    -Ben Speirs  (Scanning in Seattle)