Re: Problems with sane-scsi

From: abel deuring (a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 05:09:47 PDT

    Benjamin Hell wrote:

    > Today I tried to use a Canon CanoScan 2700F with
    > sane 1.0.2 on a Ultra Sparc 5 with Solaris 7.
    >
    > I got the newest sg-driver from J"org Schily and
    > the most recent driver for the 2700F. I compiled
    > sane and find-scanner correctly reports:
    [...]
    > [canon] attach: sending GET SCAN MODE for scan control conditions
    > sanei_scsi.c:3456: failed assertion 'Cdb_size == src_size'
    > zsh: IOT instruction (core dumped) scanimage -L
    >
    > Does anybody know what's going on here and perhaps
    > even knows a cure??

    Benjamin,

    The problem is, that the (vendor specific) GET SCAN MODE command uses an
    "unusual" command length, which cannot be handled properly in the recent
    Sane distributions. Please try this patch (mainly to sanei_scsi.c and to
    the Canon backend):
    http://www.mostang.com/mail-archive/sane-devel/2000-05/0057.html .
    Please note, that I have only been able to test the patch with Linux; it
    could therefore of course be that I introduced another bug in the parts
    of sanei_scsi.c for other Unixes. But at least you should get a
    different error :)

    BTW, has anyone tested this patch for other Unixes? Up to now I got only
    a report from Stefan Scherer that it works for his Canon scanner under
    Linux.

    Abel