Problems with sane-scsi

From: Benjamin Hell (ben@spectrum.uni-bielefeld.de)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 04:25:19 PDT

    Today I tried to use a Canon CanoScan 2700F with
    sane 1.0.2 on a Ultra Sparc 5 with Solaris 7.

    I got the newest sg-driver from J"org Schily and
    the most recent driver for the 2700F. I compiled
    sane and find-scanner correctly reports:

    find-scanner: found scanner "CANON IX-27015C 1.17" at device /dev/scg1g

    According to the information I got above, I
    created a file /usr/local/etc/sane.d/canon.conf
    with this contents:

    /dev/scg1g

    Then, I tried (as root) scanimage -L but everything I
    got is the following:

    sanei_scsi.c:3456: failed assertion 'Cdb_size == src_size'
    zsh: IOT instruction (core dumped) scanimage -L

    Setting SANE_DEBUG_CANON=7 returns:

    [sanei_init_debug]: Setting debug level of canon to 7.
    [canon] >> sane_init
    [canon] sane_init: sane 1.0.2
    [canon] >> attach_one
    [canon] >> attach
    [canon] attach: opening /dev/scg1g
    [canon] attach: sending (standard) INQUIRY
    [canon] attach: sending TEST_UNIT_READY
    [canon] attach: sending RESERVE UNIT
    [canon] attach: sending GET SCAN MODE for scan control conditions
    sanei_scsi.c:3456: failed assertion 'Cdb_size == src_size'
    zsh: IOT instruction (core dumped) scanimage -L

    Does anybody know what's going on here and perhaps
    even knows a cure??

    Thank you very much,

    Ben

    **                 Benjamin Hell                **
    **         ben@spectrum.uni-bielefeld.de        **
    **    http://coral.lili.uni-bielefeld.de/~ben   **
    **       University of Bielefeld - Germany      **
    ** Faculty for Linguistics and Literary Studies **
    **  Computational Linguistics & Spoken Language **