New Interface sanei_pa4s2...

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 10:13:07 PDT

    Hi!

    I've written a nice little interface for the Mustek parallel port
    chipset A4S2... sadly, this isn't a working backend, just the hardware
    functions to access the registers of the scanner.

    There is already a backend for this chipset, which implements all these
    functions. However, Petter Reinholdtsen said, it would be better, if the
    hardware handling code would be in a SANE interface (like sanei_pio,
    sanei_ab306).

    In addition to this, the interface also recognizes the ASIC-ID 1505, so
    the developer of a backend for this chipset can hopefully use this
    interface.

    I've attached the source (sanei_pa4s2.c, sanei_pa4s2.h), a little
    README.pa4s2 and a program a4s2.c which demonstrates the use of the
    interface.

    If something doesn't work, the interface gives plenty of debug infos...

    hope, someone can make use of this.

    -- jochen

    --
    Don't throw your PC
    out of the window throw Window's out of your PC.