Apple backend fix

From: Ian R. Justman (ianj@chocobo.org)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 03:44:46 PDT

    Hi, all.

    I tried to mail Milon my latest patch I came up with for the Apple
    backend, but my message bounced.

    If you are listening (or still about), Milon, what's your most recent
    e-mail address? I need to submit a patch to you.

    The patch I wrote is against SANE 1.0.2 and addresses two problems:

    1. The ever-frustrating quantization bug has finally been eradicated (at
        least for monochrome. Haven't even TRIED to touch color support in
        any way shape or form).

    2. For my Color OneScanner, while Gray256 works, Lineart and Gray16 also
        worked--kinda. The latter two modes would scan with the tone values
        reversed, requiring ones-compliment operations on each retrieved byte.

    At this point, I can focus my attention more on seeing if I can get color
    working if nothing else is going on with the backend.

    Also, I have been able, with the help of a Mac, the Adobe PostScript
    Printer Driver for the Mac, and GhostScript using the pdfwrite driver, I
    have managed to get the DocViewer files into a format I can actually use
    without needing a Mac, a PDF.

    If anyone wants either or both works, please let me know. I especially
    want to hear from OneScanner owners (Color OneScanner users are welcome,
    too, but I'm far more interested in the OneScanner results).

    Thanks. :)

    --Ian.

    -----
    Ian R. Justman Postmaster, System Administrator, ChocoboNet
    ianj@chocobo.org (home) ianj@calweb.com (work) NIC handle: IJ12
    ICQ UIN# 14925819 UNIX system administrator by trade

    Try EsperNet IRC!
    irc.esper.net port 5555 takes you to a random server
    Co-Founder; Admin, chocobo.esper.net; Postmaster. Nick: "IJ"

    "An upset Windows NT administrator should be laughed at.
     An upset UNIX administrator should be deeply feared."
     --Me.

    Hard Disk Drive: n: Future windchimes