Re: Snapscan backend

From: Louis van Dompselaar (louis@sitebysite.nl)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 02:49:58 PDT

    > In snapscan.c look for the section that sets the colour
    > depth for the scanner (look for pd->depths = depths12). In that sections
    > add the line "case SNAPSCAN1236S:" above the existing line "case
    > PRISA620S:" and see what happens.

    Nope, that's not it. The scans remain the same. The thing is
    that with the old backend (which also treated it as 30-bit),
    the colour scans were okay, apart from the chroma offset.
    The new backend does something funny with the data.

    I did a comparison between a greyscale scan and a colour
    scan (with the depths12 setting): http://dompselaar.org/snapcolbw.jpg
    The first 10 or so lines are okay, then it goes into the
    purple and green blocks, then there's another bit that
    looks okay, although offset to the right, etc.

    --
    Louis van Dompselaar                        louis@sitebysite.nl
    Site by Site B.V.     Duivendrechtsekade 85, 1096 AJ  Amsterdam