Re: README updates?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 09:31:07 PDT

    > On Wed, 10 May 2000, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
    > > SANE is known to build on the following platforms:
    > > - Linux (Alpha, m68k, x86)
    >
    > Not on SuSE 6.4 as I reported some threads above. At least not without the
    > patch for the DEBUG system.

    I don't have access to a SuSE 6.4 so I can't check this. Yes, there is one
    remaining bug in the microtek backend. I have written to the maintainer but
    got no response until now. On the other hand NDEBUG is *not* set by default
    so I don't see the problem. Downloading from www.mostang.com and compiling
    should work with SuSE 6.4, too. Have you read my answers concerning your
    problem?

    Ciao, Henning