Re: SnapScan

From: Steffen Kluge (kluge@fujitsu.com.au)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 17:24:59 PDT

    On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 06:18:01PM +0200, Oliver Schwartz wrote:
    > However, the RGB offsets as I understand them are not an offset in value but a
    > spatial offset. E. g. if you scan a black square on white background in
    > color mode it doesn't have sharp edges but maybe a blue edge on one side and an
    > orange edge on the other. Just try it.

    That would make sense. Being a single-pass scanner, the R, G and
    B sensors can't possibly be in the same horizontal position, can
    they? I would expect the scanner firmware to realign the
    channels before sending data off to the host, though. Anyway, it
    should be easy enough to fix in gimp...

    By now you can probably tell that I'm an absolute scanning
    newbie. Anyway, I'm going to experiment with this in detail, but
    at the moment I'm struggling with more basic problems.

    Cheers
    Steffen.

    --
    Steffen Kluge <kluge@fujitsu.com.au>