Re: AVISION support for SANE!

From: Rene Rebe (rene.rebe@myokay.net)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 11:44:46 PDT

    Hi!

    Thanks for the quick answer! ;-)

    (By the way: I have a newer avision-scsi-spec - wich is buggy anyway
    ... :-()

    Stephen Williams <steve@icarus.com> wrote:

    > rene.rebe@myokay.net said:
    > > PS: If someone out there has an Avision SCSI scanner (except the AV
    > > 630CS which is known to work) please contact me ...
    >
    > I have access to an AV6240 (a color scanner) that is collecting dust
    > due to a lack of SANE support. I actually managed to get the attached
    > document out of them, but haven't had the time to write the necessary
    > drivers.
    >
    > If you would like me to test some stuff, I could be tempted to pull it
    > out of storage and hook it up to a Linux test machine. I would be most
    > gratified if this could ultimately be made to work on my alpha, although
    > I would need an ISA SCSI card to hook it up.

    I hope your scanner will work with my current code! I only have to add
    the id_string into the detect-know-scanner section ....

    Coult you mail me the ouput od "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" of an linux-box
    the scanner is connected?? (Or use: "sane-1.0.2/tools/find-scanner"
    ...)

    How old is the scanner?? Single or 3-pass?? What resolutions???

    > --
    > Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    > steve@icarus.com But I have promises to keep,
    > steve@picturel.com and lines to code before I sleep,
    > http://www.picturel.com And lines to code before I sleep."

    I hope we have it working soon ...

    k33p h4ck1n6 René

    --
    René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #127875)
    http://www.rene.rebe.myokay.net/

    Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.