Re: scanner with transparency-unit

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 10:43:45 PDT

    > does anybody know, which flatbed-scanner with a transparency-unit can be
    > used with SANE and run without problems? At the moment we have an Agfa
    > Snapscan 600, which can't be used with his transparency-unit.

    The Mustek Paragon legal size scanners are supported in connection with the
    Mustek transparecy adpater from backend 1.0-80 on. They work pretty well, at
    least the scanners I have tested and using a NCR PCI SCSI adapter. Tested
    scanners are the Paragon MFS-6000SP, MFS-8000SP and Paragon 1200SP and the
    3-pass scanners. The quality depends on your needs, for slides and negatives
    the resolution is too low.

    Bye, Henning