USB Backport to 2.2.14 and Epson 636U

From: AJ Lewis (lewi0235@tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 21:56:19 PDT

    Karl,

    Just got my new 636U after having the first one die on me, and I'm still
    having the same stalling problems using scanimage as with the old one.
    I've included the dump using the "export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=128" and
    "scanimage -L > /tmp/scan.log 2>&1" command you suggested originally. I
    also timed it, here is the time output:

    real 2m0.048s
    user 0m0.020s
    sys 0m0.030s

    So it's basically idling this whole time...

    I am now using the current 2.3.50 USB backport to 2.2.14.

    Also, do you have a copy of the 2.3.39 USB backport? I can't find it on
    the web anywhere. I'd like to try that and see what happens.

    Thanks,
    AJ Lewis
    lewi0235@tc.umn.edu

    --
    "Now I consider the anti-Linux group at Microsoft to be just a Linux user
    in disguise. They're trying to find the really bad problems in Linux. They