Re: scanimage -L crashes SuSE 6.4

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 07:52:39 PDT

    Nick Lamb wrote:

    > On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 03:18:49PM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > > As far as I heard it is a problem with conversions like (eg.) strtod()
    >
    > Um, yeah, the C library is localised, but I don't see how that's Gimp's
    > fault -- or do I still not understand you correctly?
    >
    > If I have a scanner accessible from Linux again soon (please, please)
    > then I'll be able to take a look for myself. Certainly *most* of
    > The Gimp 1.1.x works with e.g. French Canadian or German.

    I do not get the problem on my system so I am not able to do some tests with it.
    The problem only occurs when xsane does call gtk_set_locale(); and it is
    started as gimp plugin.
    XSane does not change the opacity value for the gimp. It looks like gimp's preset
    value is not correct if localization is active.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch