Re: xsane 0.58 compile

From: Steve Sheriff (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 08:48:56 PDT

    On Sun, 09 Apr 2000, you wrote:
    > Steve,
    > If you are doing this under a bash shell, then
    > export CPPFLAGS='-DXSANE_BUGGY_WINDOWMANAGER_WINDOW_POSITION'
    > should work.
    >
    > Bradley =)
    >
    > > Hi everyone
    > >
    > > Problems with xsane. The installation file says:
    > >
    > > If you use KDE (kwm), call configure with environment
    > > variable CPPFLAGS set to
    > > "-DXSANE_BUGGY_WINDOWMANAGER_WINDOW_POSITION"
    > >
    > > How do I do this? I have tried export but can't get the syntax.

    Hi again.

    Still no success. I have done the following:
    Having xsane 0.40 up and running already and under KDE

    export CPPFLAGS='-DXSANE_BUGGY_WINDOWMANAGER_WINDOW_POSITION'
    make xsane-convert-to-0.49
    ./configure
    make
    (then as root)
    make install

    Frustrating as we prefer xsane to xscanimage but 0.40 is too buggy.

    Any help gratefully appreciated.

    Thanks, Steve.