Re: xscanimage only as root

From: Steve Sheriff (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 08:24:30 PDT

    On Sun, 09 Apr 2000, you wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > > I can only run xscanimage as root having installed from the sane-1.0.2 tarball.
    > > is there any way I can run it as a normal user?
    >
    > What happens if you run it as normal user? Does the /dev/sg* device have the
    > right permissions for the user?
    >
    > Ciao, Henning

    Hi Henning. Hi everyone.

    Thanks. Being stupid I was playing around with the permissions for xscanimage.
    I never thought that a device could have permissions too! Have set /dev/sg0 and
    dev/sg1 to my own permissions. Now we can scan safely in our own directories.

    Thanks once more. I think that we are nearly there. Just need to install xsane
    0.58.

    Steve & Clara at FeF, Spain.