Re: sane 1.0.2 tar.gz

From: Steve Sheriff (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 14:33:07 PDT

    On Sat, 08 Apr 2000, you wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > > I uninstalled the sane rpm and ran through
    > > ./configure
    > > make
    > > make install
    > > in the unpacked 1.0.2 directory as root.
    > >
    > > however there is still no xscanimage in /usr/local/bin although there is a
    > > scanimage and various other directories that 1.0.2 put there.
    >
    > Look at the output of ./configure. Maybe it couldn't find the X-headers
    > and X-libraries or gtk+, or your gtk+ is too old.

    Hi
    Yes. That must be it. There are loads of headers missing. I'm downloading
    gtk+-1.2.7 tarball at the moment. I tried all the SuSE 6.3 stuff but still no
    joy. But have no idea which version I need or where the headers are!

    Does anyone have a list of *exactly* what is needed? Or maybe the versions that
    you successfully compiled it with?

    Thanks, Steve.