Re: HP3300, documentation about non-SCL-scanners

From: Michael Krause (m.krause@tu-harburg.de)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 02:30:08 PST

    On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Peter Kirchgessner wrote:

    > you can easily get the SCL-documentation from HP (see below).

    Yeah, but of what use is it to me if the 3300 is no SCL scanner?

    > I think
    > they are very cooperative. The first time when I contacted them they
    > sent me two CDs with the SCL toolkit. One CD with SCL V7.0 on Joliet
    > file system and (because they new that I wanted to work with Linux) a
    > CD-R (!) with ISO 9660 file system.

    What an utter display of disregard - as if Linux couldn't read Joliet
    CD's :-)

    > Now you can download the
    > SCL-toolkit. But I did not ask about documentation for non-SCL scanners
    > because I dont have the time to write a backend for them. Maybe the
    > other people working with HP scanners have tried to get non-SCL
    > documentation (Grant Guenther <grant@torque.net>, David Nelson
    > <dnelson@jump.net>, David Paschal <paschal@ns.net>). If not I can try to
    > ask HP about that documentation. If they make it available without an
    > NDA I can pass it to someone interested in writing a new backend.

    Hint: I'm volunteering :-)

    I think it would be better if you asked them about the documentation
    and pass it on to me if it's no problem for you. Of course, if they
    required you to sign an NDA, forget that idea.

    --
    michael krause [aka raw style / lego] - www.tu-harburg.de/~semk2104/