Re: auto loading of scsi drivers

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 09:48:47 PST

    > > > I can use 'modprobe aha152x' and all works.
    [ ... ]

    > Unfortunately, it doesn't make any difference how many times I try
    the
    > command. Just get the same error message.
    >
    > I'm wondering if I need a alias in the conf.modules file?

    Do you have a line:

    alias scsi_hostadapter aha152x

    in your modules.conf file? If not, you should try it with
    this line. This tells the modules system that if something
    wants access the SCSI system the host adapter driver for the
    aha152x needs to be loades. Otherwise the system does not
    "know" which adapter is installed.

    Karl Heinz