auto loading of scsi drivers

From: Bob van der Poel (bvdpoel@uniserve.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 18:29:32 PST

    Hi. I had my old sane/xsane working perfectly 2 months ago. I thought I
    remembered my setup (made the "mistake" of upgrading my distribution)
    ...obviously not.

    First problem:

    I have the following in my /etc/conf.modules:

    post-install sg modprobe aha152x
    options aha152x aha152x=0x140,9

    With a 2.2.x kernel my understanding (obviously wrong) when xsane is
    started up it should load the aha152x module? It isn't. When I start
    xsane I get the message 'no devices available' popup. So...what do I
    need to do to get this working.

    I can use 'modprobe aha152x' and all works.

    BTW, I'm doing all this as root right now, so permissions shouldn't be a
    problem (that will all come later).

    --
       __
      /  )      /         Bob van der Poel