Re: system hangs

From: Harald Finster (finster@ave.ac.agit.de)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 23:53:21 PST

    "Michael J. Smith" wrote:

    > Running Linux 2.2.13, Adaptec 1540/42 (_not_
    > in "plug and play" mode) connecting to a Microtek
    > X6 EL, rev. 1.04. The SCSI driver finds the
    > scanner just fine, but any flavor of scanimage
    > causes a system hang. Anybody else have this
    > problem,

    Hi,

    yes, I have similar problems, but only in TMA
    (slide) mode. The problem seems to be buried in
    the scanner's firmware-releas (mine is 1.3).
    (Someone with a higher release reported about
    successful operation.)
    I could not track down the problem any further,
    as I am too busy at the moment - sorry.
    In MY case, it's definately NOT the SCSI-card
    (I tried Adaptec 29xxx and had the same problem)

    > or any clue as to what may be happening?

    Sorry, very vague at the moment.

    Harald

    --
    Harald Finster