Re: Snapshot frequenzy before next release?

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 12:30:22 PST

    Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

    > Now when release 1.0.2 is out of the door, it is time to prepare for a
    > new release. I'm not going to make snapshots as often as I did just
    > before 1.0.2 came out - the source is available in CVS for those who
    > want to develop - and I guess once a month should be sufficient.
    > Would this be too often, or should I make snapshots more often?
    >
    > Before next release we should try our best to get all the existing
    > backends collected into the distribution. Is there anything else that
    > should be fixed before next release?

    Hi Petter,

    I think the development is not so fast in the moment that we need to create a new
    version every month. I suggest to
    - create a development-snapshot at least every mont
    - create a new version at least every three months
    - if there are lots of changes we can do it more often.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch