Saned doesn't seem to work

From: Thomas Chiverton (falken@grenville.co.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 04:17:26 PST

    I'm to this, so excuse me if I have over looked anything.

    I have a client, A, who needs to user the scanner on B.

    Both are using the latest sane versions, and saned is present in B's
    services and inetd.conf files.

    B can scan localy with:
    scanimage -d epson:/dev/scg1

    But if A or B try
    scanimage -d net:B:epson:/dev/scg1f
    they get
    scanimage: open of device net:B:epson:/dev/scg1f failed: Error during
    device I/O
    and get (s/falken@A/falken@B also)
    Mar 17 12:14:16 utopia.grenville.co.uk saned[8575]: access by
    falken@A accepted
    Mar 17 12:14:16 utopia.grenville.co.uk
    saned[8575]: process_request: received unexpected procedure number 0
    in the messages log.

    Is this a known issue ?
    Anything I've missed that is hidden in the docs ?

    And how do I compile (saned) with debugging support ?

    --
    Thomas Chiverton, systems admin. and WebMaster
    e-mail: falken@grenville.co.uk phone : 01565 757 909 (mobile 07967672404)