Re: New Mustek backend (0.75)

From: Dirk Pritsch (dirk@Enterprise.in-berlin.de)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 03:17:21 PST

    On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 08:50:28PM +0100, Per Aalrust wrote:
    > Hi Henning,
    >
    > I have added your SCSI tips, here are the results of my tests:
    >
    > Color mode:
    > Scanning with up to 100 dpi works fine in color mode with a geometry of
    > 11 x 29.5 cm. If the x value is above 11 cm the scan becomes horizontal
    > shifted and the colors are not correct.
    >
    > Gray mode:
    > Scanning with up to 150 dpi works fine in gray mode with full goemetry
    > (21x29 cm). Above 150 dpi the scan becomes horizontal shifted.
    > If the scan geometry is shrinked to 11x29 cm scan results are fine up to
    > 300 dpi. Above 300 dpi the scan becomes shifted (like a puzzle).
    >
    > >> If you scan only a small area (some cm wide) will the image be shifted, >> too?
    >
    > For a scan area of 5x5 cm it works fine in color mode up to 300 dpi, in
    > gray mode up to 500 dpi.

    Could that be a real scanner (hardware), and not a SANE problem ?

    A friend of mine has a Mustek 12000SP scsi scanner, and phoned me last week
    because of exactly the same problems under Win98. With one difference : Windows
    crashes after producing that garbage. She now gave up and
    bought a new scanner, perhaps I can try it under Linux in a few days.
    If so, i will mail the results.

    Bye,

    Dirk