Re: HP4C + Symbios SCSI card

From: Anne Merritt (amerritt@aracnet.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 23:54:42 PST

    After numerous kernel panics, I have concluded that my
    Symbios card (Symbios Logic 53C400A) which is recognized
    by the ncr53c406a driver (and kernel panics right after)
    has seen better days. I'm not into debugging SCSI drivers
    for ancient cards, so I'm retiring it.

    I cried uncle and purchased an Adaptec SCSI card 2906,
    which takes the AIC7*** driver and is PCI plug and pray.

    After an uneventful kernel build and boot, the kernel
    located both the card and the scanner. from there,
    find-scanner worked and so did xscan-image.

    Thanks for your help! When all else fails, toss the
    crappy SCSI card. I think I'm the first Linux Chick
    on my block to get her scanner working under Linux and
    SANE.

    Anne Marie Merritt