Re: New CVS snapshot 20000213

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 14:11:59 PST

    sorry that it took so long, but the Irix computer is not here at home.

    > [Henning Meier-Geinitz]
    > > glib version is 1.2.3, I think it was compiled with some sort of
    > > gcc. /usr/local/include/glib.h looks like this (line numers
    > > included by me)
    > >
    > > [...]
    > > 1541 /* Bit tests
    > > 1542 */
    > > 1543 G_INLINE_FUNC gint g_bit_nth_lsf (guint32 mask,
    > > 1544 gint nth_bit);
    > > [...]
    > >
    > > Any idea? BTW I don't know how to check the version of the C
    > > compiler (it's the one SGI provided with Irix 5.3). The obvious
    > > options for cc didn't do it.
    >
    > I have two suggestions, both seem quite unlikely. One is that the
    > wrong include file is is /usr/lcoa/lib/glib/, making gint, guint and
    > all the other glib types unknown.

    No, that file is the right one.

    > The other is that 'inline' is a
    > unknown keyword and that G_INLINE_FUNC should be defined to '' or
    > __inline.

    That's it. "inline" isn't known. The Part of glib.h which does the inlining
    distinction sets G_INLINE_FUNC to "static inline" for the Irix cc which
    doesn't work. I changed this in glib.h to define inline to __inline and the
    compilation went through. I think this is a bug in glib.

    Because "rev" doesn't exist on this Irix box, the SANE libraries have wrong
    versions like a point at the end. After compiling rev (from the
    README.unixware2) the sane library versions are OK but starting scanimage
    revealed:

    5936:scanimage: rld: Fatal Error: cannot map soname 'libsane.so.2' using
    any of the filenames [...]

    So I did "ln -s libsane.so.1 libsane.so.2" and scanimage works fine now.

    I think we should put the sourcecode and description for the rev utility to
    a more obvous place. Perhaps a configure test for rev should be added and/or
    a hint in the README.

    Now I will check the current snapshot ...

    Bye, Henning