turning of lamp

From: Ferenc (ferenc@casema.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 17:05:30 PST

    Hi there,

    I hope this is the right place to ask. I seem not to be able to get hold
    of a transparency adapter for my Mustek 12000SE.

    I thought it shouldn't be a problem to make a contraption that does
    the same job, i.e. shine light through a slide onto the moving
    scanhead. But for that to work I'd say - still guessing - the scanner's
    lamp should be turned off.

    Now it shouldn't be hard to glue a manual switch to the scanner and
    wire it between the lamp's feeding wires. I have to open it any way to
    clean the inside of that insidious dirty glass.

    Or does this sound insane (pun not intended)?

    Is there a way to make scanimage turn off the lamp? I'm bound to
    scanimage, I'm making a cgi interface to the scanner.

    Thanks anyway for reading this far,

    cheers

    Ferenc