(no subject)

From: Cornelius, John (jcornelius@auroragold.com.au)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 05:31:54 PST

    Hi
    I have a Umax Astra 1220S Scanner.
    The scanner came with an incompatible to Linux SCSI card.
    ******
    Oliver Rauch says the below.
    I like the ncr/symbios_logic 53c8xx cards, especally the 53c810 cards (fast
    scsi)
    are good for external scsi devices!
    ******
    I have found a couple of unused SCSI cards at work.

    Symbios 53c416 - NB
    SYM20402

    and a

    NCR53c400
    CP02788

    Both cards are supported by Linux, acorrding to kernel documentation.
    My question is will they be suitable for the 1220S Umax scanner and if they
    are which card will be more suitable?

    Thanks
    John Cornelius
    Indo Muro Kencana