Re: microtek X6EL

From: Harald Finster (finster@ave.ac.agit.de)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 00:21:58 PST

    Brian Green wrote:

    > But...
    > scanimage -d microtek2:/dev/scanner -T
    > seems to write out correct information,
    > the scanner then makes some slow strange
    > sounds and then the program hangs.
    > I can then hit Ctrl-C to stop the program -
    > but I must turn the scanner off to get the
    > prompt back. More interestingly, if I turn the
    > scanner off, then back on without hitting
    > ctrl-C first, the scan bar ( is that the correct term? )
    > travels from the bottom to the top and then seems
    > to get stuck there.

    Hi,

    not much help too:
    I have similar behaviour with X6 + LightLid (TMA).
    The 'regular' mode works fine.
    I am in contact with someone, who has the whole system
    running correctly.
    It MIGHT be a problem related to the firmware-versions.
    (Mine is 1.3, the version of the working scanner is 1.6)
    I will try to upgrade the firmware as soon as I will
    find the time to do so (too busy at the moment) and
    report about results.
    BTW: does anyone know, if the X6 has an EPROM to store
    the firmware?

    Harald

    --
    Harald Finster