Re: xsane as root

From: Wolfgang Rapp (wolfgang@rapp-informatik.de)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 07:11:15 PST

    Oliver Rauch wrote:

    > I donīt talk about the other programs/authors. I am the author of a program
    > from
    > which I know it should not be run as root.
    >
    > The second thing is that I get a lot of questions from people who have
    > problems because they
    > run xsane as root. And I have better things to do than to read/answer such
    > unnecessary questions.

    Hi all,
    I agree to this statement and I think it's now time to finish discussion
    about this problem
    in the list.
    People who want to run xsane as root have the chance to get the source
    adapt it and
    compile their own customized xsane.
    Please note that xsane is not restricted to Linux but runs on other Unix
    systems as well and
    so this systems it is okj when xsane don't run as root;

    Bye Wolfgang