Re: Solaris and Sane

From: Michael Laajanen (michael_laajanen@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 12:53:53 PST

    I am also using Solaris 7 on a Sparc 5.

    I have purchased a HP 6300C a few days ago and I have alot of problems
    that the "Schilling scsi scg driver" or SANE is locking the SCSI bus
    causing my usually so stabile SS5 to hang or atleast get very very
    slow.

    I get usually get "[sanei_scsi] sanei_scsi_cmd 8: timeout" in the
    shell from wich I started xsaneimage.

    Anybody no what the problem could be?

    /michael

    --- Ray Robinson <robinson@srsuna.shlrc.mq.edu.au> wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I'm having trouble with Solaris 5.7
    > The Sane-1.00 find-scanner command can't identify the scanner.
    > It thinks the sacnner and the CDwriter (on the same bus) are discs.
    > The Schilling scsi scg driver can find and identify them correctly.
    > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Regards
    > Ray

    =====
    michael_laajanen@yahoo.com

    Create like a God, command like a King, work like a Slave