Preview functionality

From: Randolph Bentson (bentson@grieg.holmsjoen.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 13:14:41 PST

    I wrote the backend drivers for the Fujitsu scanners, but left
    out one significant function: preview. I did so because, absent
    a working scanner of some other type, it wasn't obvious to me what
    preview was all about. I didn't see what it did that a normal scan
    didn't. My cursory reading of other backends didn't reveal what
    was expected of this function, and since my interest was in the ADF
    capability which doesn't seem to mesh well with previewing, I left
    it out. If anyone would wish to point me to a clear description of
    what preview is all about, I'll look into adding this functionality.

    (Rather than cluttering up the mailing list, drop me a note. I'll
    summarize the responses to the list.)

    Randolph Bentson
    bentson@holmsjoen.com