Re: SCSI Cable

From: Tom Napolitano (tomnap@bersama.net)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 04:04:17 PST

    > You really do not want to hook a scanner up to the same SCSI buss as your
    > disk drives, if you ask me. I have my disks on one SCSI buss and my
    > Scanner and CD-RW drive on another.
    >
    > Brian Beattie | The only problem with
    > beattie@aracnet.com | winning the rat race ...
    > www.aracnet.com/~beattie | in the end you're still a rat

        I'm not sure why you say this, but you must have a reason. I've been
    using Adaptec SCSI controllers on my machines since 1988 or so and that's
    one of their niceties, just toss on a device, disks, tape, scanners, cdrom,
    and they get recognized. Modulo setting the device numbers and terminators
    of course. I'm curious about why you would have these bad experiences.

       You pay more for a real full featured SCSI controller, but you save in
    headaches.
       Cheers,

       Tom Napolitano | Linux, the choice of the GNU generation.
       tomnap@bersama.net |