Re: new snapshot?

From: Bill Wohler (wohler@newt.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 20:16:21 PST

    Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:
    > > Isn't that supposed to be "cvs update -d -rDEVEL_1_9"?
    >
    > No. The CVS setup in the snapshots are already checked out as
    > DEVEL_1_9, so that is not necessary.

      Just so it's clear, you mean that "cvs update -d -rDEVEL_1_9" is
      correct, but unnecessary (because the snapshot includes CVS/Tag
      files).

      The reason I ask is that those of us who have gotten the sources
      directly via CVS and not via the snapshot who want the latest and
      greatest should be using "cvs update -d -rDEVEL_1_9" and not "cvs
      update -d". Right?

      By the way, the documentation bug I reported earlier is the only
      thing I've seen so far. scanimage is otherwise working fine (HP
      Photosmart SCSI on Linux 2.2.1).

    --
    Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com>
    Say it with MIME.  Maintainer of comp.mail.mh and news.software.nn FAQs.