Re: HP PhotoSmart: Feeding slides, the entire area is not scanned

From: Ewald R. de Wit (ewald@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 10:30:38 PST

    Dave (d348@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

    > Under MS Windows, the HP software seems to control the feeding of the slide
    > into the scanner, but with xsane, and scanimage plugged into gimp, I click the
    > scan button, and must apply pressure to the edge of the slide so it is taken
    > into the scanner.

    It's an mechanical issue that depends on the slide frames used and the way
    you feed them into the scanner. If you have trouble with SANE but
    not with Windows then this is pure coincidence.

    Btw, if you have to push during the scan then something is wrong
    (check the rubber wheels and make sure your slide frames are not
    too thick).

    > The result is that I get only a partial image. The top is cut off. Is there a
    > special technique, or is something wrong?

    This is strange indeed, it happens to me too sometimes.

    --
      --  Ewald