HP PhotoSmart: Feeding slides, the entire area is not scanned

From: Dave (d348@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 12:21:33 PST

    Under MS Windows, the HP software seems to control the feeding of the slide
    into the scanner, but with xsane, and scanimage plugged into gimp, I click the
    scan button, and must apply pressure to the edge of the slide so it is taken
    into the scanner.

    The result is that I get only a partial image. The top is cut off. Is there a
    special technique, or is something wrong?

    Thanks,
    Dave