Re: Microtek Scanmaker X6 SCSI

From: Harald Finster (finster@ave.ac.agit.de)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 00:16:47 PST

    Christoph Hohn wrote:

    > Hello !
    > My name is Christoph Hohn and my problem is the sane-package under SuSE 6.1.
    > I have got a Microtek Scanmaker X6 SCSI and an Adaptec AVA
    > 1505-SCSI-Controller-Card.
    > When I start scanning a picture (24 bit) with xscanimage for the first time, the
    > scanned picture looks quite good.
    > When I try to scan it again, the picture look pixelized and the quality of the
    > colors is bad.

    Hello,

    I have a similar configuration (SuSE 6.3, AVA1055, X6) and experienced
    similar problems :
    Scanning in flatbed mode occasionaly results in wrong colours.
    This affects the preview and the 'real' scan independently, i.e.
    I might get a correct preview and a 'wrong' scan and vice versa.
    I can not reproduce this error.
    Using the transparancy media adapter results in chaotic images
    in preview and in scan mode. Sometimes the whole system hangs until
    I switch the scanner off.
    As reported some time ago, I switched to an other Adaptec SCSI
    controller (29??) resulting in the same errors.
    The scanner works fine with WIN98 (wuerg).

    Harald

    --
    Harald Finster
    -