Re: WinSane

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 05:20:04 PST

    Robert Lowery wrote:

    > Although ScanChk.exe seems to work on the command line (it finds my
    > scanners), the WinSane TWAIN datasource is unable to find my scanners.

    As far as I remember WinSANE is a frontend for sane.
    The sane low level routines are not compatible with the Windows ASPI Dirver
    so you can not access a local scanner. But you can use the net backend to
    connect to a scanner that is connected on a unix machine where SANE is installed
    and the sane network deamon is running.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --