Re: WinSane

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 16:40:04 PST

    > I did post to the sane-devel mailing list, but did not get any
    > many people are interested in Windows/TWAIN support for sane. I
    > hope you don't mind me cross posting this private discussion to the
    > list, but I am hoping to stimulate some discussion on the issue.

    I prefer the discussion to take place on the list, so that is ok. I
    think a lot of people are interested. I know I am. The problem is
    that no one know how to do this, and therefore keeps silent waiting
    for the ones who do.

    > is the version most useful to me at this time, as it has TWAIN
    > support.

    Well, the documentation claims it has TWAIN support. I have never
    heard anyone who got it to work, and I suspect it is just marketing.

    > I thought it would be "scanimage -d
    > snapscan:123.123.123.123:/dev/scanner" but this does not work :(

    If I'm not mistaken, you will need to use the net device, maybe like
    this:

      scanimage -d net:123.123.123.123:/dev/scanner

    I no longer remember. If you set some environment variable, probably
    SANE_DEBUG_NET=128, you should get some more info on what is going on.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no