Re: Dark scans (HP Photosmart)

From: Peter Kirchgessner (peter@kirchgessner.net)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 10:57:59 PST

    Hi Bill,

    Bill Wohler wrote:

    > Peter Kirchgessner <peter@kirchgessner.net> writes:
    > > for custom gamma you need to use xscanimage. In the gamma table dialog
    > > you can enter a gamma value of 2.0 to get some pleasing results.
    >
    > xscanimage doesn't appear to allow me to set the gamma value. There
    > is only a checkbox for using "custom gamma". I'm using version 0.83
    > of the hp backend.

    if you click on the check-box, another table appears on the right side
    of xscanimage. On the right side of the table, there is a small letter
    "gamma". Press on it and you will get a dialog where you can enter a
    numeric value. Value 2.5 should give you quite good images.

    Sincerely

    Peter

    > Still in the dark...
    >
    > --
    > Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com>
    > Say it with MIME. Maintainer of comp.mail.mh and news.software.nn FAQs.
    > If you're passed on the right, you're in the wrong lane.

    Peter Kirchgessner
    WWW:    http://www.kirchgessner.net
    e-mail: peter@kirchgessner.net