Re: Dark scans (HP Photosmart)

From: Bill Wohler (wohler@newt.com)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 14:24:41 PST

    Peter Kirchgessner <peter@kirchgessner.net> writes:
    > if you click on the check-box, another table appears on the right side
    > of xscanimage.

      Ah, today, just by sheer dumb luck I started up xscanimage while the
      scanner was in negative mode, and when I clicked on the gamma
      check-box, the table appeared and allowed me to change the gamma to
      2.5 which did look much better. It looks like I have to crank up the
      exposure to 300% (from the default 175%) but I'm still
      experimenting.

      So, I guess this is a bug report: the custom gamma table should
      display in slide and print mode in addition to negative mode.

      No longer in the dark.

      Thanks.

    --
    Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com>
    Say it with MIME.  Maintainer of comp.mail.mh and news.software.nn FAQs.