Re: Microtek SlimScan C3

Warren Chartier (icebalm@bigfoot.com)
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 07:28:18 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Bernd Schroeder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for the late response.

It's understandable with the holidays and all. :)

> > Thanks to all the developers of SANE, onSCSI and Matto Marjanovic for
> > helping me to get this working. :) The colors aren't as correct as the
> > windows drivers, but its so subtle you'd never notice.
>
> Then you are lucky. What is needed is a shading correction. I have some
> information how to do this shading correction for the Phantom 336cx, but
> I assume it is the same for the SlimScan C3. However, this will need some
> modifications, and don't have such a model, so I won't be able to test
> it. Unfortunately, the algorithm to correct the colours is somewhat different
> for other Phantom/Slimscan models like the C6/Phantom 636cx.

In my excitement I seem to have posted prematurely, the scanner does work
flawlessly, color is fine for the depths I'm able to scan in, however, on
closer inspection with a few more "test" scans, it seems I'm only able to
select 8 bit color in xscanimage, even though my scanner does support 36
bit, I was using xsane and therefore had no bit depth color option and
assumed it was 36 bit. This would obviously account for the lackluster
color. Do you have any idea why this might be happening?

Any modifications required I'd be happy to test out.

Warren Chartier
Minister of the Mobile Mechanized Infantry - http://www.juga.com
Fight Spam - Join CAUSE! http://www.cause.org

---- BEGIN ECHELON BLOCK ----
SCUD missile Ortega AK-47 Uzi $400 million in gold bullion Rule Psix Nazi
militia Project Monarch counter-intelligence JFK cypherpunk Kibo Ron Brown
clones bomb special-ops terrorism WACO nuclear missile MI5
----- END ECHELON BLOCK -----