Re: UMAX Astra 1200S seems to hang on all commands

Mark Brown (mark@matrixsys.on.ca)
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 23:56:08 -0500

Hmm - I was plagued with problems with my 2920 on a fast (200+ MHz) machine.
I was always having the scsi bus freeze and lock (usually under heavy i/o load),
not only with the penguin-os, but even using
win-dos95 :-) I tried different disks, cables and termination, but I finally gave
up on the card.
Not too sure if I just had a bad card..... or if this is similar to what you are
experiencing.
The 2940 is a much-much better card!

Lots of luck.

Mark