Re: Umax Astra 1220S, Serving as a Scanner Server???

Larry Snyder (larrys@lexis-nexis.com)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:13:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi Yuri --
I have a 1220S working great on linux on an Alpha. I'm not so sure
about the included scsi card. I believe there was some discussion
about it a while back, and it was _very_ questionable whether the
kernel supported that card. I've run the scanner off the embedded
53C810 in an AS200 and a Symbios 8751 in an SX with great success.
If you have any problems, I'd attribute them to the card.
-ls-