Re: Microtek Pagewizard support?

marcel pol (mpol@gmx.net)
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 00:13:18 -0000 (/etc/localtime

Hello,

Thanks for the email, I had almost given up hope of getting my scanner at work.

On 28-Nov-99 Bernd Schroeder wrote:

> At least it will not work out of the box. Enable debugging (set
> SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK2 to 30) and watch out for a line "Model 0xyz not
> supported". A check for this model code will have to be added to the source.

It gives a line: "model 0x53 not supported".
It also gives: "check inqiury: mi=0x8056a9c"

What do you mean with adding this model code to the source code?
Source code of which program? I guess you mean the program SANE?
I only have experience in compiling the kernel from source code. I hope that is
enough experience.

> Then the backend should at least print the scanner attributes to stderr, if
> 'option dump 1' is set in the microtek2.conf file. It is necessary to know
> these attributes in order to tell you more.

There is not yet a file called stderr.

Marcel Pol
mpol@gmx.net